Every morning we have a smoothie to kick start our metabolism and start the day.
Our ingredients include:
– Chia Seeds – Chia is a South American plant and a great source of Omega 3 fats, protein and fibre. Great for boosting energy.
– Psyllium Husks – Are another great source of fibre and are good for overall gut health.
-Greens Powder – Contains Spirulina, Chlorella, Barley Grass and Wheat Grass. Some of your 5 servings of vegetables for the day in one serving! We use Synergy Natural brand.
– Sunflower seeds – Great source of Vitamin E and Magnesium.
– Protein powder – Sun Warrior Blend, contains raw pea, raw hemp and raw cranberry protein. We use this as an alternative to whey protein.
– Frozen blueberries – Known for their high levels of antioxidants. We use frozen blueberries as they last longer and make our smoothie nice and cold!
– Bananas – So many reasons why bananas are great! Check out this list: http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/25-powerful-reasons-to-eat-bananas
– Unsweetened almond milk – Low in fat and calories, dairy free and in our opinion is the best of all of the milk substitutes.
We put all this together, blend it up and get a great tasting, quick and easy kick starter for the day!